Samsung unveiled their next flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4, and it was quite impressive even though it didn’t have everything that I was hoping, it had nearly all of it, all of my “requirements” at least.
- Display: 4.99 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920×1080) display with 441 ppi.
- Processor: 1.6GHz/1.2GHz Exynos 5 Octa processor or 1.9GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor depending on the region
- Camera: 13-megapixel back facing camera and 2-megapixel front facing camera.
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB
And what about the features I mentioned/were rumored?
- Smart Pause/Play/Scroll are all confirmed to be on the phone. Brilliant!
- S Drive: Samsungs own GPS for the car with some real nice features such as being able to talk with it.
- S Health: Samsungs own health application, seems very promising if you care about your health and caloric intake.
- Dual Cameras: Allows you to take pictures from front and rear camera at the same time.
- Dual Video Call: Same as camera, but with video and up to three-way video calls.
- Group Play: Allows you to share content/games simultaneously with other S4 users.
And on top of that they have the new Gorilla 3 glass that is incredible durable and insanely difficult to shatter/scratch. Quite an impressive piece of technology. The ball is now in Apple’s court. Can they match the greatness that is the S4 with their next iPhone?